Author: Predko, Myke; Wirz, Ben
Format: Electronic Kit
Includes: Remote-Control; Robot Hardware; Pre-assembled Printed Circuit Board; Built-in Parallax BASIC Stamp 2 and prototyping area; and CD-ROM
BUILD A POWERFUL SUMO-BOT DESIGNED TO WITHSTAND METAL-AGAINST-METAL COMPETITION!
This NEXT GENERATION robot from McGraw-Hill features:
- The power of the Parallax BASIC Stamp 2 controller
- A tracked drive for maneuverability over all types of terrain
- Flipping ability to put the competition on its back
- A steel frame that encourages customization
- Mechanical features designed to withstand the shock of combat
- AA battery powered for longer operation
MORE POWER! MORE SOPHISTICATION! MORE FUN!
Here's a fun and affordable way for hobbyists to take their robot building skills to the next level and if they wish, be part of the hottest new craze in amateur robotics: Sumo competition.
Great for ages 14+, the kit comes complete with:
- Pre-assembled PCB
- Multi-function, duel channel remote control
- Robot hardware including collision-sensing infra-red LED and receivers
- CD-ROM with programming instructions and file chapters of robot building tips and tricks
- A built-in Parallax BASIC Stamp 2 and prototyping area allowing hobbyists to create their own robot application without having to purchase additional Parallax products
Powered by four AA batteries (not included) and featuring a built-in infra-red remote control, the Sumo-Botis pre-programmed with the following behavior built in to jumpstart custom applications.
- Random Movement - the robot moves about randomly, reversing direction when an obstacle is in its way
- Photovore - seeks out light
- Photophobe - avoids light
- Maze Solver - follows a wall
Developed by the creators of the popular BUILD YOUR OWN ROBOT KIT.