Author: Predko, Myke; Wirz, Ben
Format: Electronic Kit
Includes: Remote-Control; Robot Hardware; Pre-assembled Printed Circuit Board; Built-in Parallax BASIC Stamp 2 and prototyping area; and CD-ROM
BUILD A POWERFUL SUMO-BOT DESIGNED TO WITHSTAND METAL-AGAINST-METAL COMPETITION!
This NEXT GENERATION robot from McGraw-Hill features:
- The power of the Parallax BASIC Stamp 2 controller
- A tracked drive for maneuverability over all types of terrain
- Flipping ability to put the competition on its back
- A steel frame that encourages customization
- Mechanical features designed to withstand the shock of combat
- AA battery powered for longer operation
MORE POWER! MORE SOPHISTICATION! MORE FUN!
Here's a fun and affordable way for hobbyists to take their robot building skills to the next level and if they wish, be part of the hottest new craze in amateur robotics: Sumo competition.
Great for ages 14+, the kit comes complete with:
- Pre-assembled PCB
- Multi-function, duel channel remote control
- Robot hardware including collision-sensing infra-red LED and receivers
- CD-ROM with programming instructions and file chapters of robot building tips and tricks
- A built-in Parallax BASIC Stamp 2 and prototyping area allowing hobbyists to create their own robot application without having to purchase additional Parallax products
Powered by four AA batteries (not included) and featuring a built-in infra-red remote control, the Sumo-Botis pre-programmed with the following behavior built in to jumpstart custom applications.
- Random Movement - the robot moves about randomly, reversing direction when an obstacle is in its way
- Photovore - seeks out light
- Photophobe - avoids light
- Maze Solver - follows a wall
Developed by the creators of the popular BUILD YOUR OWN ROBOT KIT.
Titan Tank Robot Kit is a wireless infrared remote control kit. Its microprocessor provides 4 different channels to have up to 4 Titan Tanks fight each other at the same time. Each Titan Tank Robot Kit fires 8 shots and is designed to make a sound when shooting. Once a Titan Tank is struck 4 times by an enemy tank, it will turn 360 degrees and make a sound like an ambulance. When a Titan Tank "dies" it must be restarted in order to join the battle.
The Titan Tank Robot Kit moves by 6 wheels which can move the tank forward, backward, right and left for a total of 8 movements which provide endless fun and excitement.
- Ages 10 and Up
- Clear Illustrated Directions
- No Soldering Required
- Tools Required: Long Nose Pliers, Diagonal Cutter, Screwdriver
- Batteries not included
- Design your own robots
- Sensor sensitivity and motor speed may be controlled
- Most suitable algorithm Logic IC for line-tracing
- Power source: 4 AA batteries (not included)
- Power voltage: 6V
Trainmech is a mechanical, motorized wooden kit that is an ideal project to teach future engineers how motors, gears, and pulleys create motion.
This kit is supplied with pre-punched boards, gears, shafts, switch, motor, battery holder, and all necessary parts.
Includes easy-to-follow instructions. Requires 2 AA batteries, a screwdriver, and long nose pliers.
Dimensions: 10" long x 3 1/2" high
<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next > End >>
Page 6 of 7